The poem i read was this is just to say. This wasn't my first time reading this poem and every time i have read it i still don't understand the point of it. I thought maybe as the years went by i would have a new point of view on it but no, i'm still confused by this poem.
This poem is so simple and short. It shows the speaker ate the plums and then was sorry there's no deeper meaning. I don't think that you could say it has a hidden message because it is so straight forward. Maybe the plums could be a metaphor and they could really mean how he did something and didn't have regret but was still sorry. Maybe the poem is really about plums. I don't think that the writer of the poem wanted the reader to understand the poem i think the writer wanted the reader to be confused and think if its literal or not.
This poem has made me think allot about the meaning of it. I don't really think there is a deeper meaning. Maybe the writer really ate some plums and felt bad who knows. I guess this connects to our lives by just being simple, for example some people find art in different ways some people might say a paper clip is art due to its bends. Really its just based off of opinion though.
No comments:
Post a Comment