Tuesday, October 25, 2011

city of bones 2

Clarys life will never be the same. Shes seen everything and more. Clary has face werewolves vampires demons of unknown origin and wizards. When Clary faced those vampires to save Simon which was turned into a rat, i thought they were going to kill her. I didn't think she stood a chance against twenty plus vampires even if she had the power of the runes. I liked this part of the book the author made it suspenseful 

Then when i least expected it werewolves came in wanting her for what, it hasn't been specified yet. Then a battle broke out between the werewolves and the vampires. The author put a spin on what the reader anticipated which makes the story more interesting and captivating. I thought it would happen differently. i thought the vampires would hold Clary and Jace hostage until Valentine came and offer something ridiculous to trade with for Clarys mother.

I like the authors writing style. i also think the authors uses good description. i can picture what shes describing each time and still think how she knew what to say. The changing of what the reader originally thinks is also a good writing skill. I will have to try that in my writing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment