I chose this picture of a waterfall painted on a sidewalk. I chose this picture because it is deceptive and is very eye catching, kudos to the artist. This was so well planed out the side walk seems as if its broken and there's a gaping hole in the middle with a beautiful water inside of it. I wish i could draw like that with so much detail.
The detail in the painting is very impressive. I love that there are cracks drawn to show that the rock was broken and how it gives the illusion that it descends. A large detail that i don't under stand is the bottle of liquor in the corner. Maybe it was an artist choice to add that or maybe he really like that drink. Maybe that bottle represents escape or like peace because its in a peaceful area that's what the illustrator finds peaceful.
I think that this painting that resembles peace and the unknowing. The picture shows peace through the beautiful scenery and colors. Then the small details show the unknowing part. The unknowing part is that is that real since the pavement is broken it leaves the mind to wonder if there were to be a hole in the earth would that be whats there?

It almost seems like the bottle of liquor seems to be portruding out and into the sidewalk... I am guessing that could mean that lquor is just not affecting the "fantasy" of a person's mind, but also the reality of the people around them. I could be wrong though...
ReplyDeleteMaybe the liquor bottle is saying something about peace? I don't suppose it's advertising? Maybe the painting is saying this kind of liquor brings you peace.
ReplyDelete